This SFK Kindergarten Phonics Curriculum Unit focuses on the phonemic awareness skill of isolating the beginning or ending sound of a word. Through this all-in-one unit, students will be able to identify the beginning or ending sound, name the letter that goes with that sound, and match beginning and ending sounds.
This beginning and ending sounds unit blends phonological, phonemic awareness, and phonics skills to ensure that your students are getting a solid foundation in early reading skills. Your students will love the exciting and engaging daily initial and final sounds lessons filled with daily songs, phonemic awareness warm-ups, and simple whole group activities. Then, they will practice identifying beginning and ending sounds independently with one of the hands-on center activities or a variety of fine-motor skills-building beginning and ending sounds worksheets. They will have so much fun, they won’t even realize they are learning!
CLICK ON THE PREVIEW TO SEE MORE
The Kindergarten Beginning and Ending Sounds Phonics Unit includes:
- 4 Week Detailed Unit Plan to use as a Scope and Sequence
- Phonemic Awareness Daily Warm-ups
- 20 Multi-Sensory Whole Group Beginning and Ending Sounds Lessons aligned to the Kindergarten Common Core Standards
- Assessments and Exit Tickets
- 12 Hands-On Center Activities
- Over 75 pages of No-Prep Worksheets
Each multi-sensory phonics lesson includes:
- Systematic and Explicit Daily Phonemic Awareness Warm-up
- Song Suggestion for the Day
- Teaching Posters, Flashcards, and/or Anchor Charts
- Differentiation Ideas for multiple levels
- Lesson activities, such as Write the Room, I Have Who Has, phonics games, pocket chart activities, and more!
- Center activity and worksheet to go along with each lesson
Your students will love practicing identifying beginning and ending sounds with these highly engaging and fun phonics centers and games. These phonemic awareness centers combine a variety of sensory-filled and engaging games and activities to make practicing phonics fun! Check out how I use some of these centers here: Four Engaging Phonics Games to Play in Centers
Here’s what's included:
- 12 Beginning and Ending Sounds Centers including:
- Beginning Sounds Sort
- Ending Sounds Sort
- Beginning Sounds Puzzles
- Sounds Board Game
- Spin and Cover
- Backpack! Game
- Beginning Sounds Clip It
- Ending Sound Wheels
- Sensory Bin Sounds Hunt
- Magnet Match
- Roll and Read Fluency- Beginning Sounds and Ending Sounds
- Dry Erase Sound Cards
All of these phonemic awareness activities come with printable directions with in-action pictures, as well as color or black-and-white printing options.
Check out all the phonics centers included here:
These worksheets are not your average, boring worksheet. Your students will love practicing isolating the beginning or ending sound with these highly engaging and interactive worksheets. Each worksheet was designed to add fine motor practice, use of manipulatives, and visual discrimination to help your students practice various phonics and phonemic awareness skills.
Here’s what's included:
- 75+ Beginning and Ending Worksheets including:
- 32 Sounds Flip book (20 Beginning Sounds/13 Ending Sounds)
- 5 Cut and Paste Sort (3 Beginning Sounds/2 Ending Sounds)
- 10 Beginning or Ending Sound Cut and Paste Sort
- 8 Match and Color (4 Beginning Sounds/4 Ending Sounds)
- 9 Write the Missing Sounds (3 Beginning Sounds/3 Ending Sounds/3 Both)
- 6 Stamp It (3 Beginning Sounds/3 Ending Sounds)
- 8 Sort by Color (5 Beginning Sounds/3 Ending Sounds)
Check out all the phonics worksheets included here: Kindergarten Phonics Worksheets for the Year.
My goal with Sweet for Kindergarten is to help teachers build a strong phonics foundation for their students. I want to give YOU the tools you need to succeed and make phonics instruction simple, meaningful, AND engaging! You can save time and energy by using this research-based and effective Kindergarten phonics curriculum year after year!
⭐️BUNDLE AND SAVE⭐️
Do you need your phonics instruction planned and ready to go for the year? The Sweet for Kindergarten (SFK) Phonics Curriculum is the answer. It is a complete and comprehensive phonics curriculum for Kindergarten that you will see real results with your students. Each unit lays out exactly what to teach, how to teach each phonics skill, and includes all the activities you will need. Save 30% by purchasing the entire Kindergarten Phonics Curriculum!
This phonics curriculum is for teachers who:
- Are tired of searching the internet for new phonics activities
- Aren’t sure where to start when it comes to teaching phonics
- Are done wasting their time and energy planning their phonics instruction week after week
- Want to find simple, yet engaging phonics instruction that works with their students.
- Need supplemental phonics activities because their reading curriculum does not provide any
You can read more about this curriculum and what it includes here: All About the SFK Phonics Curriculum
TEACHERS LIKE YOU SAID…
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “This is one of the first units I purchased and it's a great resource for creating multiple centers and having prep-free work. This is well organized and beautifully done! If you're just starting out, this is a great place to start!” -Sankofa W.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “My students love these activities to practice beginning and ending sounds! I love how organized everything is, along with the variety of ways to practice this important skill. Thanks for a great resource.” -Sweet in Special Ed
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “I love this resource! I love the mini lessons, centers, and the variety of activities are great for my kinders. They know what to expect, but it changes it up for them!” -Chelsie V.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “My district does not have a Phonics program so I am using this in my classroom and it is great! I love the organization and daily lessons. The worksheets are a great way to reinforce what we are learning in class! I plan on downloading the other units as I need them.” -Brooke L.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “I use this resource every day. I love how the phonemic awareness warm ups spiral concepts. The lessons are well organized and easy to implement. I love this resource and am so glad to have found it.” -Edith T.
You may also like…
Copyright © Sweet for Kindergarten
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.